Some insightful posts I've come across over the years that have helped shape my management philosophy:
- Principles of High Performing Organizations: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15133593
- Communications: https://basecamp.com/guides/how-we-communicate
- Outsourcing: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=15831784
- Leadership: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3408082
- tl;dr: https://www.metafilter.com/186908/So-hows-that-work-from-home-working-out-for-you-at-home#7922871
One-on-One (O3) meetings are invaluable. Meeting for a half-hour every two weeks seems about right to me.
I share a Google document with each member of my team as a running agenda for these meetings. It gives me and the team member I'm meeting with somewhere to drop notes before we meet. Here's an example: