This wiki serves as my professional and public knowledge base. It's where I go to save information that I think will be useful in the future, for myself or others. I like to start with a few simple rules:
- To retrieve information, I should know where to start: a Schelling point. For me, it's wiki.klenwell.com, this page.
- It shouldn't take me more than three clicks to get from my starting point to the information I'm looking for.
- Links/URLs will tie everything together. They are the edges in my knowledge graph. Keep the graph shallow.
To minimize spam and maintenance costs, public edit access is restricted.
Personal Interests and Preoccupations
A few recent interesting or noteworthy things I've seen or done or read about:
- 2022.08.09 I am granted DALL·E access.
- 2022.07.21 President Biden tests positive for COVID. He recovers without being helicoptered to Walter Reed.
- 2022.07.11 I complete the New York Times crossword 365 days in a row.
- 2022.07.03 Bob Wachter explains implications of spreading COVID BA.5 variant.
- 2022.06.26 I sign up for Open AI playground to play with GPT-3.
- 2022.06.24 Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade. Heather Cox Richardson puts the decision in context.
- 2022.06.21 I start a new job.
- 2022.06.08 I break down the Covid waves in Orange County, CA.
- 2022.05.24 Shooter kills 21 at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, TX.
- 2022.05.20 While the second Omicron surge grows, media and epidemiologists getting worried about monkeypox outbreak.
- 2022.05.02 Leaked Supreme Court decision foretells Roe v Wade being overturned.
- 2022.03.07 I update my OC COVID immunity projections.
- 2022.02.23 Russia invades Ukraine.
- 2022.02.13 Los Angeles Rams win Super Bowl LVI.
- 2022.02.08 Eric Feigl-Ding warns about Omicron 2.0.
- 2022.01.15 Hunga Tonga volcano erupts.
- 2022.01.13 Stack Overflow announces that it is sunsetting Jobs and Developer Story.
- 2021.12.17 I receive my booster shot at Walgreen's.
- 2021.12.14 Storm drops about an inch and half of rain here in Orange County.
- 2021.11.25 Omicron COVID-19 variant makes headlines.
- 2021.11.24 Strong Santa Ana winds drops a heavy tree branch on our roof.
- 2021.10.24 Bomb cyclone drenches Northern California.
- 2021.10.01 Map visualizes spread of COVID-19 in the United States.
- 2021.09.17 I receive first ShakeAlert on phone seconds before 4.3 magnitude Carson earthquake.
- 2021.09.02 Supreme Court allows Texas anti-abortion law S.B. 8 to take effect.
- 2021.09.01 Three days after making landfall in Louisana, remnants of Hurricane Ida flood New York City.
- 2021.08.30 The American war in Afghanistan ends.
- 2021.08.15 Afghan president flees country as Taliban enter Kabul.
- 2021.07.30 Bob Wachter, Chair of the UCSF Department of Medicine, summarizes the new CDC announcement on the Delta variant.
- 2021.07.26 I start a new job. Also, it rains in Southern California in July!
- 2021.07.18 I complete the New York Times crossword 7 days in a row.