This wiki serves as my professional and public knowledge base. It's where I go to save information that I think will be useful in the future, for myself or others. I like to start with a few simple rules:
- To retrieve information, I should know where to start: a Schelling point. For me, it's wiki.klenwell.com, this page.
- It shouldn't take me more than three clicks to get from my starting point to the information I'm looking for.
- Links/URLs will tie everything together. They are the edges in my knowledge graph. Keep the graph shallow.
To minimize spam and maintenance costs, public edit access is restricted.
Personal Interests and Preoccupations
A few recent interesting or noteworthy things I've seen or done:
- 2020.09.07 I make the mistake of clicking on Universal Paperclips.
- 2020.09.06 Historically hot Labor Day weekend in California spawns (more) wildfires and smoke. (Real-time satellite view.)
- 2020.09.02 I review the COVID-19 numbers for OC in August and make a few predictions for September.
- 2020.08.23 Trump pushes emergency authorization of convalescent plasma for COVID-19 through FDA.
- 2020.08.22 I analyze the surge in COVID-19 cases in Orange County this summer.
- 2020.08.09 Hacker News comment introduces me to the world's only alpine parrot, the magnificent Kea.
- 2020.08.04 Massive explosion devastates Beirut, Lebanon.
- 2020.07.27 If you're a baseball fan and a covid fan, then do I have the Reddit thread for you: https://redd.it/hyrybi
- 2020.07.18 I share on Reddit my analysis of reporting times for OC HCA positive COVID-19 cases.
- 2020.07.13 I share my thoughts on Reddit about the Social Distancing Scoreboard for Orange County.
- 2020.07.03 Big swell and high tides flood Balboa Peninsula.
- 2020.06.24 I host a tour of my virtual workspace for Vital Link's Orange Coast College NEXT Academy.
- 2020.06.14 I endeavor to explain WTF is going through everyone's head regarding COVID-19.
- 2020.06.07 I make a prediction regarding a COVID-19 milestone in Orange County.
- 2020.06.01 I share my confusion about OC Health Care Agency COVID-19 data reporting on Reddit.
- 2020.05.30 I add a COVID-19 wiki page.
- 2020.05.23 I try to organize my thoughts on the Orange County C19 data.
- 2020.05.20 For comparison (and because my company also has an office there), a C19 spreadsheet for Michigan Region 6.
- 2020.05.16 I create a spreadsheet to track C19 testing and cases in Orange County.
- 2020.05.01 Per NY Times, US ends April with 7-day average of 28,815 daily new C19 cases.
- 2020.04.18 Paul O'Neill dies. I don't have many business heroes. He was one of them. On his Keystone Habits.
- 2020.03.22 I discover Google Messages for texting on web.
- 2020.03.18 I start working from home full-time.
- 2020.03.11 NBA suspends its season due to COVID-19 outbreak.
- 2020.03.10 My last time going to the gym for a while.
- 2020.03.07 I adjust my home desk based on a wikiHow article to alleviate pain in back of neck and update this server's version of certbot.
- 2020.02.22 Clayton Kershaw threw 51 breaking balls/sliders in game 5 of the 2017 World Series and didn't get a single swing and miss.
- 2020.02.13 Joe Matthews explains why Real ID is a wasteful citizen-hostile anti-immigrant invasion of privacy by the Federal government.
- 2020.01.31 New York Times chart persuades me coronavirus fears are not all hysteria.
- 2020.01.11 I sign up for HBO NOW expressly to watch The Favourite.
- 2020.01.02 I am stricken ill with flu.