This wiki serves as my professional and public knowledge base. It's where I go to save information that I think will be useful in the future, for myself or others. I like to start with a few simple rules:
- To retrieve information, I should know where to start: a Schelling point. For me, it's wiki.klenwell.com, this page.
- It shouldn't take me more than three clicks to get from my starting point to the information I'm looking for.
- Links/URLs will tie everything together. They are the edges in my knowledge graph. Keep the graph shallow.
To minimize spam and maintenance costs, public edit access is restricted.
Personal Interests and Preoccupations
A few recent interesting or noteworthy things I've seen or done or read about:
- 2022.02.23 Russia invade Ukraine.
- 2022.02.08 Eric Feigl-Ding warns about Omnicron 2.0.
- 2022.01.15 Hunga Tonga volcano erupts.
- 2022.01.13 Stack Overflow announces that it is sunsetting Jobs and Developer Story.
- 2021.12.17 I receive my booster shot at Walgreen's.
- 2021.12.14 Storm drops about an inch and half of rain here in Orange County.
- 2021.11.25 Omnicron COVID-19 variant makes headlines.
- 2021.11.24 Strong Santa Ana winds drops a heavy tree branch on our roof.
- 2021.10.24 Bomb cyclone drenches Northern California.
- 2021.10.01 Map visualizes spread of COVID-19 in the United States.
- 2021.09.17 I receive first ShakeAlert on phone seconds before 4.3 magnitude Carson earthquake.
- 2021.09.02 Supreme Court allows Texas anti-abortion law S.B. 8 to take effect.
- 2021.09.01 Three days after making landfall in Louisana, remnants of Hurricane Ida flood New York City.
- 2021.08.30 The American war in Afghanistan ends.
- 2021.08.15 Afghan president flees country as Taliban enter Kabul.
- 2021.07.30 Bob Wachter, Chair of the UCSF Department of Medicine, summarizes the new CDC announcement on the Delta variant.
- 2021.07.26 I start a new job. Also, it rains in Southern California in July!
- 2021.07.18 I complete the New York Times crossword 7 days in a row.
- 2021.06.27 I write a cheat script for the New York Times Spelling Bee game (but mostly avoid using it).
- 2021.06.26 Heat wave in Pacific Northwest makes the case for extreme climate change.
- 2021.06.24 Condo tower collapses in Seaside, Florida.
- 2021.06.14 I am returned to the office.
- 2021.05.11 I receive my second vaccination shot.
- 2021.04.30 Disneyland reopens after being closed over a year due to COVID-19.
- 2021.04.20 I receive my first vaccination shot.
- 2021.03.21 I estimate COVID immunity levels in Orange County.
- 2021.03.14 Updates data source for daily US COVID-19 export from Atlantic COVID Tracking Project to federal government.
- 2021.02.14 Winter storm devastates Texas.
- 2021.01.06 Trump urges right-wing mob to storm Capitol as Congress certifies Joe Biden’s election victory.
- 2021.01.01 The New Year begins with a new mild Santa Ana blowing through Southern California. Rose Parade cancelled due to COVID-19.